Celebrating our Student Heroes
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, and most of them don’t wear capes! The YESS Hero Challenge is a contest for Denver-area students in grades K-12 who have performed “heroic” deeds within their communities. Deeds can be anything that helps someone or something—whether that’s removing trash from the playground, writing letters to the elderly, or providing food for the hungry.
Who can apply or be nominated?
We will award a $1,000 cash prize to three students - one from each of the following age groups:
Kindergarten-5th grade; 6-8 grades; and 9-12 grades. Students must live in the greater Denver area.
To nominate yourself, or another hero, fill out this short Nomination Form with service details and student contact information!
You can also scan the QR code below to access the application:
To be considered, the YESS Hero must:
- Live within the greater Denver area
- Taken initiative to go above and beyond to help others in 2020-21
- Have demonstrated strong social-emotional skills (e.g. social awareness, empathy, caring for others, community service)
- Be willing to have their name and image used in YESS Institute communications
Timing & Key Dates
- Contest Open: Oct. 18th, 2021 - Dec. 3rd, 2021
- Deadline for Nominations: Friday, Dec. 3rd at 11:59 p.m.
- Winner Announced: Wednesday, Dec. 15th
The YESS Hero Contest is made possible through the generosity of the Lori Rickert Insurance Agency, State Farm.